Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the DBLM application. Buy creating a DBLM account you agree to abide by this policy.
The DBLM Service
We agree to provide you with the DBLM Service. The Service includes the DBLM application, website, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance DBLM's mission: Removing the obstacles to action.
We intend to:
- 1. Provide a framework and platform for sharing actionable information.
When it comes to searching for and finding how to do something, there can be a lot of noise. DBLM provides a time based, pragmatic framework for content creators to share and users to discover new experiences.
- 2. Give you what you need to know, when you need it, where you can find it.
At DBLM we don’t believe time critical information should be buried in an old email or dispersed across numerous webpages you can’t remember the address off. The framework of content on DBLM ensures that you know the What, When, Where, How and Why of whatever it is you’re trying to achieve, and files this as a calendar event for the time it’s needed.
- 3. Make the technology invisible.
Good technology and design become invisible. It facilitates the movement from intention to action and minimises the friction between these two points. Our intention is that you won’t waste time on DBLM. You’ll want to do something and DBLM will be the arrow that puts you on the most direct route.
- 4. Innovate.
We partake in an ongoing process of removing barriers to outcomes through the exploration of technology, UX, implementation and testing.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us.
Who Can Use DBLM?
We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the DBLM community.
- 1. You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- 2. We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
How You Can't Use DBLM?
1. You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
You don't have to disclose your identity on DBLM, but you must provide us with accurate and up to date information (including registration information). Also, you may not impersonate someone you aren't, and you can't create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
2. You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
3. You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
4. You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.
5. You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
6. You can't post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else's rights, including intellectual property.
7. You can't use a domain name or URL in your username.
8. Permissions You Give to Us.
As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the Service.
9. We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
10. Permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with accounts, ads, and sponsored content.
You give us permission to show your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) or relationships (such as follows) next to or in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and other sponsored content that you follow or engage with that are displayed on Facebook Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show that you liked a sponsored post created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on DBLM. As with actions on other content and follows of other accounts, actions on sponsored content and follows of sponsored accounts can be seen only by people who have permission to see that content or follow.
11. You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Additional Rights We Retain
1. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone's intellectual property or impersonates another user).
2. If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
3. You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks as expressly permitted by our Brand Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
4. You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
We can remove any content or information you share on the Service if we believe that it violates these Terms and Conditions, our policies or we are permitted or required to do so by law. We can refuse to provide or stop providing all or part of the Service to you (including terminating or disabling your account) immediately to protect our community or services, or if you create risk or legal exposure for us, violate these Terms and Conditions or our policies, infringe other people's intellectual property rights, or where we are permitted or required to do so by law. If we take action to disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, contact us at email@example.com.
2. Content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies and will still be visible where others have shared it. This paragraph, and the section below called "Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree," will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
1. If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
2. Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
3. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement.
1. This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
2. You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
3. Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens.
1. Our Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE XTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. We also don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
3. Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
How We Will Handle Disputes.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms ("claim"), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in the Perth, Western Australian, that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of this court for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of Western Australia will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, you can delete your account.
Date of last Revision: 20 Oct 2018